Saturday, July 16, 2011

 

My Sewing Sanctuary

Upon entering my sewing room you'll notice Animal (of Muppet fame) hanging from the door. My granddaughters are scared of him and won't cross into the room while he hangs there so he's better than any lock I could put on the door!I also have my son's Hawaiian shirts and hat hanging on the door. The room is actually on loan to me from him while he's in Hawaii serving a mission for our church.This is an older picture of my cutting table. The drawers to the right are now under the table and a set of cubbies are where the drawers are in this picture. I got a fantastic deal on this table on clearance. It's bar height and the perfect height for a cutting table. It's so sturdy too that my rulers don't slip and slide while I try to cut. I have to work around his full-size bed but it's okay that it's cozy!
These are on the side of the cutting table now. I won the pillow in a blog give-away and it's perfect for my "beachy" sewing sanctuary.
Here are the cubbies. I love them! The top is a dresser top that I found on clearance. It has felt-lined drawers and is perfect for so many things!Here's a close up of the drawers. The picture on the left is one of my granddaughters at the beach in her swim suit! It fit the mood of the room.I love this sign on top of the drawers. It's so me and the names of my blogs.Some shells my son sent to me from Kauai. I love the beach and people send me sand from their beaches so you'll notice sand in many of the pictures also.

To the right and on the floor is an iron mark I made on the carpet when I dropped my iron. Sure hope my husband doesn't notice this! I plan on covering it up with the bed when my son gets home from his mission.The DVD player and other things sit to the side on my sewing table. This is the shelf above my sewing table. All pictures were taken by my son on his mission and I love them. They make me feel so calm and relaxed in my sanctuary....just the feel I was going for. The leis are what he was given when he first got to the island. I'm keeping them safe for him! The tiki was handcarved for him by someone he met in the islands. The detail is incredible on him and my son named him Gilligan!
This is my sewing table. I had it custom made and designed. The top is just a counter top but I had holes cut to run the electrical cords and foot pedal cords through for my convenience. The two tables under are night stands that I got a great deal on...on clearance of course! The sewing table is deep enough that I can have them under there and they don't bother my knees or feet at all. Last but not least, this is an ironing table I made. It sits in another room for now bz it's too big for this room. I only use it when I iron large quilt tops, table cloths, etc. so I don't mind it's in the room next door.

I just realized I didn't take pictures of the last wall in the room. I'll take pictures of that later and post it. It's mostly taken up by the closet but I have a short wall with some fun things on it that people have given me, so more to come later.

Thanks for stopping by to see my sewing room. I hope you come back to see me really soon!

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
Thanks for the comment you left on my blog about not dating myself for loving the Wizard of Oz. I actually loved it as a child, but then when I became a 6th grade teacher, I taught from the book, then we watched the movie. We discussed, for one thing, the big difference between the two. This book lent itself to teaching the required skills for language arts on which the children were tested in the spring.
Your sewing room is great. My favorite thing is the giant button!!!!
Again, thanks for visiting my blog and reassuring me.
 
Cindy, I saw your post on Karla Schenk's page about Britten and was excited to find a way to reconnect. I have fun memories of you in high school and going to stay with you in Logan. These pillows are adorable, and I love the missionary quilt. What a great idea! Glad to see that you are still fun and that things are well with your family. Love ya, Maili Stone Murdoch
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]