Wednesday, July 9, 2014

 

Making The Old New Again

My granddaughter Savannah has been staying with me for a few weeks while she heals from her surgery on her hand.  While she's been here she's been so excited to sew with me and create things with fabric.  She picked out an old pattern I had and some old knit (white with mint green hearts) to make a nightgown for herself.  

 She was so excited when it was finished.
It's a little long but the sad thing about 6-year-olds is that they keep growing so it won't be too long for much longer!


I'm certainly going to miss her when she goes home.  While she's been here we've made multiple pages for the quiet book, among other things.  I love her so much and am so glad that she shares my love of creating with fabric.  The other bonus is that I'm finally using up old fabric and patterns that I bought when her mama was her size!

Comments:
She's beautiful and so is her gown. The best part is you're creating great memories for her!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]