In the continuing quest to use up patterns and supplies that I already have I finished another project. This Raggedy Annie doorstop is a pattern I bought quite a few years ago and I love how she turned out.
I tried something new and didn't go with the usual red color for the nose and mouth, instead I used a rust thread. At first I didn't like how it turned out but when the Annie got all her hair and was clothed I loved it!
I found buttons that match the dress (even though they look a little funky-colored in the picture due to a shadow). I even put a pocket on the apron that doesn't show up in the picture (right side under her arm). On the pocket I appliqued a polka dot heart out of the dress fabric. She's weighted down with crushed walnut shells so she's heavy enough to hold the door open if a slight breeze comes along. I'm happy to have another finish done...especially in my favorite color of orange!